Copper Harbor night stays... opinon wanted

technologic

Of the below lodging establishments... what is the best?

Bella Vista
Minnetonka Resort
King Copper Motel
The Pines Resort
Mariner North
North Port
Brockway Inn
Lake Fanny Hooe
Bear Den cabin
Harbor Lights inn
Eagle Lodge Lakeside
Dapple-Gray Bed and Breakfast

zrjes

Not that anyone is better than the other, this place is magnificent:

Dapple-Gray Bed and Breakfast

m8man

my buddy owns the bells vista, nice average accomodations in a great location at a good price... but always look at who advertises on the site and try to support them..

m8man

rakins800

I've been a big fan of the mariner north. they will discount rooms depending on how busy they are. VERY nice bar,and great food too.

swanee

I've stayed at the Mariner North as well as the Pines Resort. Let's just say that I will only stay at the Mariner from now on. The Mariner has a great restaurant/bar with great locals that hang out there. The food is great and the beer is cold. Also a great masseuse (sp?) to take care of you in case a groomer is broken.

polarisrider1

They are ALL good, in their own ways. Find one that suits you. Oh! and what is meant by "The best". Price? location? services? What are you looking for? summer on a lake? winter riding? or to stir the pot? I like the White House in Mohawk. but, it's not on your list. ???

technologic

I have some buddies heading up for Isle Royale (SP?)... nash?... and they wanted some feed back on these places. Thus the email. Personally I would stay at McClain's State park in the cabins but they wanted to get close to the boat dock. That's understandable. The tub leaves the dock at 8am for them.

Thanks for your feedback!

frnash

<font color="0000ff">technologic:</font>
Some days you win, some days you "loose" (sic)!
happy.gif

bwick99

I would not stay at the pines. We stayed there and the beds were so old and lumpy. When the cabin warmed up the flys came out by the thousands. Talked to the management and no one cared.
So we now stay in mowhawk at the white house inn. Its half way between copper harbor and houghton.
If we stayed in copper harbor it would be at the mariner inn.

carole

Not to knock any establishment, but I totally agree with bwick99 about the Pines. Stayed there one night and left. But agree about the White House Inn. Stayed there 2 years ago, and the previous owners were great and they included homemade breakfast goodies and coffee.

zrjes

Mohawk is getting a lot of love in this forum!

The White House motel does have new ownership and it was busy over Labor Day. It seems like the new owners are really trying to change the experience of staying there, they added a cool bonfire pit out in the front of the property.

If its your buddies than a bed and breakfast may not be quite what they are looking for. Any of these spots on your list are good in their own way.
I must say I have had breakfast and lunch at the Pines/Zik's bar and it was really good each time I have been there. This place gets overlooked much too often for good eats.

Also just north of Calumet you will find the Centennial Cabins which are very nice as well.

Stack

swanee

bwick99 and carole those are the reasons we don't stay there. The response I got when we complained was "welcome to the northwoods". Needless to say we walked across the street and checked into the Mariner, came back and checked out. They did give us our money back.