Copper Peak 1-19-08 With Pictures

C

chris_g

Took a ride to Copper Peak to watch the hill climb challenge today. I've been at every one and this may be the most snow I've seen. I got there a tad early and the car said -17 f. I don't know if that's correct but it sure was cold. A very stormy ride down and back.. Took my 5 year old as he has been coming since he's been born. $40 to park and $10 to get in=ouch. We left a tad early as my little guy was getting sick of the car and it was to cold outside to sit for any length of time.
Enjoy. Gman
Unscathed Hill
66746.jpg

First Sledder 1/3 the way up
66747.jpg

Maybe this guy made it half way he was about the 10th try.
66748.jpg

Stuck on the right side note the people, and how small they are.
66749.jpg

C

chris_g

People trying to help the stuck sledder
66751.jpg

Note the size of the people compared to the hill
66752.jpg

Stuck if good in the trees.
66753.jpg

Note sled upside down
66754.jpg

Sled stuck top left
66755.jpg

close up of last one
66756.jpg

C

chris_g

sled rolled a few hundred feet
66758.jpg

Close Up
66759.jpg

Matt Downey's first attempt
66760.jpg

Another of the same run
66761.jpg

His stuck sled to right.
66762.jpg

Matt's wild ride down.
66763.jpg

A Bleezard ride home.
66764.jpg

I still wouldn't do this hill with my own sled. Maybe a straight shot without the gates to go around. Hope Matt did well as we left early and didn't hear the results.

Gman

B

brad_2001

Cool Pic's Gman one of these years I'll make it up. Looks like ya had a front row seat(parking spot) did many people show up.

Bradzoo

C

chris_g

ya, a bunch did I'd say 500+ or so. Paid $40 to park and watch, way to cold out to sit outside and watch for any length of time. Also, the Rev XP's were pretty darn impressive, looks like you could throw them around easily.

Gman

B

brad_2001

Looks like Matt had a good 1st run if anyone is crazy enough to make it to the top it would be him, he sure can ride, the Born to Ride DVD's are proof of that. Do they post the results online?

Bradzoo

driver

Do they win the pot if they make it up the man made ski hill at the top???????????

Thanks for the great pics!