COPPER TO LAC LaBELLE TO GAY TO LAKE LINDEN

kraven700

We're heading up to Twin Lakes Friday afternoon, basing mostly out of Toivola.

How are the trails from Copper Harbor to Lac LaBelle to Gay to Lake Linden (if open)

Has anybody ridden them since the storm ?

Thanks in advance

indy_500

Here’s what it looked like yesterday (Tuesday). Mid 40s today, mid 30s tomorrow, then mid 40s again Friday with sun. I would be concerned this time of year that the sun and mid 40s will burn that trail right up. I think everything outside of town will hold just fine though. 0D0F4DCE-A6AE-47A8-A0C8-0731E1488EEE.jpeg

SHOOT2KILL

Heres the ONLY place I would book in at this point of the season...Click on the live trail cam...Looks real good...If you book south of Houghton, you should stay and ride south of the bridge...

ridindirty800

If I was going to Twin Lakes I would go south and west. This time of year going to through Hancock sucks, many times bare pavement getting through there.

mezz

Trailer them..... I guess it all depends are where you want to ride. This time of year the trails in town are toast & shoulders & crossings are bare, but good cover on the trails North or South.

tpski

I was up there Fri thru Wed. Trails south of Houghton and North of Hancock were excellent. They got a few inches of snow in the morning but It was raining when we left yesterday and I believe the trails through Hancock will be bare. Copper Harbor still had snow on the roads on Monday. You may want to trailer to Calumet if you want to ride north. There's plenty of snow yet.

kraven700

Thanks guys

Just got back from 3 days of riding - 580 miles - 95% great conditions

165 miles Saturday rode from Twin Lakes to Rockland via 13 loop (sketchy) to Bond Falls to Kenton to Sidnaw (Excellent) back to Twin Lakes

180 miles Sunday Twin Lakes to Copper, Lac LaBelle, Eagle loop- dry thru Hancock and Copper for several blocks, everywhere else GREAT

235 Miles Monday - Twin Lakes to Ontonagon, back to Rockland as overpass in Ontonagon was dry. Onto White Pine, Silver City, Lake of the Clouds, South Boundary Road down to Hoop & Holler, grade to Ewen, Kenton, Sidnaw & Back to Twin Lakes

It snowed lightly last night and they forecasted another 3"- 6" for tonight.

I would have stayed, but the 2 half-sissies riding with me were spanked

If anyone is thinking about going up there for the last 2-3 days of riding, I'd say go for it if you don't mind dealing with a bit of dry road crossing and a bit of muddy trails

snomoman

We're heading up to Twin Lakes Friday afternoon, basing mostly out of Toivola.

How are the trails from Copper Harbor to Lac LaBelle to Gay to Lake Linden (if open)

Has anybody ridden them since the storm ?

Thanks in advance
Why those “spanked half/sissies”, the nerve of them shortening your trip…haha