Could this end up being a good year for UP business?

lesledhead

With all this lack of snow, it seems that the UP should have a better year (when it has snow). So, while it's a bust so far for most businesses south of da UP, if the snow sticks around in the typical snowbelts of the UP, those areas up there should have a great year. I recall the UP crying the blues when we had great snow all winter in troll land, because people could save on gas and ride good snow closer to home. Not so this year.

Just trying to see an upside to this weather predicament we're all in.

mride460

We can hope. No snow in the UP belts over Christmas week will be difficult to make up. Its a big money week for a lot of businesses up here.
This is the first time I can remember places like Grand Marais and the like not having a good ridable base by Christmas..

cobalt_502

Let us not forget the HORRIBLE March the business owners went thru too? They have to be suffering big time, very sad!

mjkaliszak

I do hope for the best ... for all businesses that are just hanging on. I had a tough time finding a " good " job, and the economy is supposed to get worse after the beginning of the year. ( Don't know why but talking to my neighbor whom employs 40-50 people he thinks things are going to get tougher.) I mean I really struggled to find a job. Then I had to promise all kinds of over-time support. IF i do get a few days off I'm going to the UP.

If memory serves my correctly... it has been a few tough season in a row, at least 3 melt downs / rain events last year alone.
You know we don't even go out to eat anymore , you have to make changes , the prices of food are going up & up all the time.

Hopefully the lack of snow benefits the UP'ers ( also North wood's-ers ) the most.

Pizza Man

We have been going to Munising from mid December to the end of March since 1982.
Never have seen conditions like it is now.
Hope for a lot of snow to save the business's up there.