Creating My Own Web cam

csenf7143

Hello john, first off I just wanted to thank you for everything you do and have done in the past. I was wondering if there was any good write up pages on creating my own web cam for the simple purpose of seeing my back yard and the weather conditions. I know the basics but was wondering if there was any good service or products to go through. If you have any information upon this that would be great.
P.S. the new website works great nice work !

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Funny you should ask this, as I have been working on some of my cams and with others that have cams on the NCN and I was just told about angelcam. I have not tried it, but it looks pretty sweet.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Are you looking for live video feed or camera snapshots (still photo)?

I still work mainly with still shots, but from what I could see from the angelcam site, they handle all the bandwith and other issues, so I am open to trying to work with live streaming from it.

snocrazy

How about some camera recommendations? Both WIFI and POE. Weather proof outdoor cams. Just wondering what others are using. About to purchase a few my self.

heckler56

I still work mainly with still shots, but from what I could see from the angelcam site, they handle all the bandwith and other issues, so I am open to trying to work with live streaming from it.
Mine is a dvr in the house you access by my router IP address, so I think it is my bandwidth? The dvr holds about 2 weeks of video for the 5 cameras and then records over the oldest video.

How about some camera recommendations? Both WIFI and POE. Weather proof outdoor cams. Just wondering what others are using. About to purchase a few my self.
My systems are Falco with Sony cameras. Falco stopped making units a couple years ago but it is basically a Luxor dvr. Cameras are weatherproof and considered "security" proof. When I put these systems together they recommended hard wire and not wireless. Wireless at the time could have some issues and then you had to replace batteries.

I am sending both of you a PM with my IP address and a "account" I set up for you to view the live feed.