Crooked Creek Lodge - Dubios, WY Conditions

peterdb

Im finding it nearly impossible to find conditions for this area. Can anyone give details or point me in the right direction. I would like to know if the snow they have is low for this time of year and secondly if what they do have is all tracked up due to the lack of good fresh consistent new snows. I was planning on going the week of Jan 16th. Thank you, any good solid info appreciated - I would rather your reply was were not based on pure speculation.

peterdb

to be clear, i was simpy looking for a second opinion, or maybe another way to find out far more detailed conditions. i am not in any way trying to bash the lodge or the girl on the line. she was nice

23skidoo

We were just out there last week. It was warm and the trails were hard but still good. Snow is a little less then last year.
We had a good time. Crooked Creek looks better than last year, new management. They have 12 new summit rentals. devide.jpg

peterdb

Thanks 23skidoo! you are correct, i just got home from CCR also. They recieved a lot of snow while i was there. they are (as you say) under new ownership. what a nice couple that bought it! they are farmers from minnesota. great down to earth folks. and yes, they have all brand new summits right there on the premesis to rent. i highly recommend this lodge and the area. we also found some great guides out of laramie. 3CGuiding.com -

polarisrider1

Thanks 23skidoo! you are correct, i just got home from CCR also. They recieved a lot of snow while i was there. they are (as you say) under new ownership. what a nice couple that bought it! they are farmers from minnesota. great down to earth folks. and yes, they have all brand new summits right there on the premesis to rent. i highly recommend this lodge and the area. we also found some great guides out of laramie. 3CGuiding.com -
what's the road like getting up to CCR

polarisrider1

crazy phone

Last edited:

peterdb

Polarisrider1 - i assume you are referring to the switch back road heading up to the lodge? It was well maintained and plowed. We made it in a 2wd van towing a small trailer

polarisrider1

Polarisrider1 - i assume you are referring to the switch back road heading up to the lodge? It was well maintained and plowed. We made it in a 2wd van towing a small trailer
Can a full size pickup and 4 place trailer make it through the switchbacks? I have heard it was not so well maintained and was wondering if improvements had been made. Sounds like the new management has stepped up to run things better.

red_dog

Can a full size pickup and 4 place trailer make it through the switchbacks? I have heard it was not so well maintained and was wondering if improvements had been made. Sounds like the new management has stepped up to run things better.

I have seen two semis full of sleds and fuel trucks up there, so yes a pickup and trailer are fine. Just be careful going down and take your time. I have seen big enclosed trailers jack knifed blocking the road. Not good for people going up. The road is a little better than 10 years ago and some barriers have been installed on the outside edge in some places. I have see cars on their side up against them, not a cheap tow bill I'm sure.

The hot tub, mechanical moose, and video games that don't work are all gone. They now have a modern 24x7 pay at the pump gas pump too. Place is looking better than ever!