Dec. 1 - Dec. 3 Twin Lakes, MI

eric

Well, we decided at about 2:30 am Saturday morning that we would head up north to pick up a 4-place snowmobile trailer, and as long as we had to go to Minocqua, Wi we might as well continue on to the UP to ride!

So, by the time we pulled out of the driveway it was about 4am Saturday morning! Little did I know I would soon be awake for over 40 hours on this little adventure.

We arrived in Minocqua about 9am and went to pickup the trailer. After taking care of a few other odds and ends, and loading all the sleds into the new trailer we were on our way to ParkView in Twin Lakes.

Just North of Eagle River, Wi the snow started to fall heavier and heavier turning our 1.5hr drive into almost 3! We were pumped though, and I still hadn't slept since Thursday Night....

We headed straight for the power lines to get in a bit of riding in some powder before the sunset on Saturday. The snow was awesome! Couldn't believe how much was on the ground for December 1. Even with having been up for over 36 hours, I wasn't going to pass on a quick trail ride to South Range that evening. We broke trail or were one of the first down almost every trail!

Overall, it was a great weekend other than a slight mishap on Sunday AM w/ the XC 800 I had bought for this trip. Seems she found a creek/swamp that wasn't quite frozen!!!!

60795.jpg

60796.jpg

60797.jpg

60798.jpg

60799.jpg

60800.jpg

60801.jpg

60802.jpg

60803.jpg

60804.jpg

60805.jpg

60806.jpg

60807.jpg

60808.jpg

60809.jpg

eric

Stayed tuned for pics from this past weekend......the swamp got another sled! Even worse this time!

mr.pickers

We'll be back there again soon, to finally go through that swamp successfully.... Or we could just be smart and avoid it .... nah X will have the last laugh

S

skylar

Nice pics Eric. Rule number one with early season riding, avoid any area that looks like a swamp, marsh, or low spot that could collect water. LOL.

eric

Skylar, the sad part is we knew it was there and what it was. Just didn't anticipate a problem navigating through it
sad.gif