Dec 16th-19th 2010 Ironwood

rawfish

We plan our first trip of the year every year the weekend before Christmas weekend. This year we are leaving Thur afternoon and riding Fri, Sat, and a little on Sunday.

We Stay at the Americinn in Ironwood. If any one would like to join us let me know asap so we can get a group rate on the rooms.

rawfish

So far we have 8. Most are fast riders but a few in the group are slower and we always just pick a spot ahead to wait. It has not been a problem in the past. We typically will do about 170-200 miles a day. Mix it up with trail riding up and around lake Gogebic, and also trails up to porkies and boon docking up in the area.

We don't drink much but a a few will have a drink or two during lunch, breaks etc....

rawfish

From RMK's to Nytro's and Skidoo's its a big melting pot! Some will be coming from the twin cities area in mn and some from Eau Claire WI area. We typically all meet north of Eau Claire and drive up together. Age range is about 27-50's!

light200

we are pretty much 99% trail riding, but are willing to boondock if we are with someone who knows the areas....will this be a problem?

rawfish

we are pretty much 99% trail riding, but are willing to boondock if we are with someone who knows the areas....will this be a problem?

Not a problem at all we pretty much do trails as well but up in the porkies theirs a few sweet spots to play around in for an hour or so. Were are you coming from? Age and how many in your group?

rawfish

Snow is great that weekend and their is hardly anyone around its like our own play ground!

few from last year

Picture269.jpg

Picture269.jpg

Picture283.jpg

Picture289.jpg

rawfish

Ok cool I know the trails well up their so we can have fun and not worry about running out of gas or getting lost. I booked rooms for my group today forgot the rates were 95 and 100 for the weekend. Its at the Americinn in Ironwood MI. Pm me and i'll give you my info so you can call them and reserve your room. The rate might change as we get more people to go.

bearrassler

A few of us are thinking of going to that area a week before you are going. Is the Americinn a good place to stay?

rawfish

Yes its a great place to stay. Right on the trail, pretty big breakfest, free internet,pool,sauna,hot tub etc....