Dec 3-6 ride in da U.P.!

bladeguy

I am looking to ride Dec. 3-6 in Mass city but could go to Eastern U.P. if you like.

I live in Wheaton, IL.

Forcast is looking good!

zrjes

Keep in mind the ground, and more importantly the swaps still need time to freeze in the Yoop. Lake Effect Fluff is nice, but it wont build a base, especially for the first ride of the season.

Stack

Yep. Supposed to head to to Da UP, Eh on Friday the 4th. We are watching and praying for bitter cold and then a huge dump of snow. Probably a week too early the way it's looking. That will give me time to stud my wife's sled.

dopp

i was planing on going to rockland dec.13 thru 19. if the snow gods cooperate!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

bladeguy

I am waiting for todays forecast to give me an indication of whether to go or not. If there is snow I will go. As for swamps that is true - that is why I stay in the high country. I will be in touch if it looks good!

bladeguy

Okay - saw the forecast and not sure what to do. Thursday expeciting 4-8 (thinking western u.p.) Without system snow will this be enough? I imagine it will be the typical LES baby powder that gets kicked off the trail in an instant. If there is a little bit of base from the previous snows left I don't mind weaving around a few mud holes.

My problem is I have the days off and work could get busy and I may not be able to come to the U.P. for the rest of the year... oh - and I bought a sled yesterday!

favoritos

Wakefield on Monday. Gonna give it a shot. Hoping to see some snow mid-week. Last year it really got good and no one was around the second week of Dec.