December 12 ride to Big Bay

blizzardjosh

Picked the best day of weekend to ride. So we put on a very tiring 340 miles from paulding to big bay and back. Trails to big bay through sidnaw were great. While being a little thin near lanse they quickly turned back to amazing as we went to mt Avron. Where trails had so much snow went off trail and had snow up to my mid thighs. Had a great meal at Thunder Bay inn. Then started trek home to watersmeet then paulding. This is where we found early season trail conditions. Trail 18 and 111 were never groomed and had four wheel drive ruts through them for 50 miles. At least!!! But even after all this agonizing trail conditions once back to trail 2 all was great again. The group of five of us still had a blast even though we started sledding at 8:00 a.m Friday and finished 4:30 p.m. With my new single day record of 340 miles. We got the best riding of the weekend. When we did get to bed we woke up at 10:30 and all I can say is the snow conditions and trail conditions had gone from great to wet pushy and yuk. So we didn't ride Saturday and called our weekend a win and went home early. Here are some of our pics. Love the U.P. Someday I will call her my hometown. :)
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Swampy

Must have been some pretty sticky snow to hold those sleds upside down in the last picture. Looks like all had fun.