Decision time..

IOWASLEDDER

My group of 5 is scheduled to come up to Houghton next week Saturday January 9th departing Saturday the 16th. Based on conditions at the moment and John's forecast as of today, we need to make a decision. Should we stay or should we go? We're 525 miles from Houghton. We have the option of pushing it back a week to January 16-23. A couple of us have to let our jobs know what our plans are by this Saturday January 2nd. I'm not looking for perfect conditions. Just looking for rideable conditions. Thanks for all the input!

06mxzx

I think as of right now the conditions are definitely rideable south of houghton. We were up on 12/18 in Toivola when they got dumped on with 3' of snow and it was phenomenal. You never know what the LES guns will bring unexpectedly!

fireworks

Did not look back at previous posts to fill in the blanks. But, what kinda of riding does the group do? Is trail riding and mileage your group's thing? Or can you ride all day backcountry in small pockets of great snow?

cmharcou

I'm currently riding in Bayfield Wi, we drove up from Indianapolis. Trails are descent no snirt here and very little traffic. I'm very satisfied considering the low snow season and being able to ride with family on Christmas break. We're at woodside cabins and a big thank you to Gary for hosting is and his brother **** as our personal guide all day! These guys are the best.