Delete Option

hotwire

John, Just was wondering since your making changes and improvements to the site......What about getting some way to delete a thread or post.
I have started a couple of threads for selling some items, after they have sold I have email an admin to remove the thread, but it's still there.
Have you ever considered giving the edtitor of the thread the option to delete it. This would help to clean out threads no longer needed or used. I think this would be great in all of the for sale threads.
Just 2.5 cents worth

average_joe

Unfortunately, the delete option (for members) only allows deleting the member's own post and not the thread. It is not settable by specific topic.

Perhaps if the words <font color="0000ff">please delete</font> or simply <font color="0000ff">delete</font> or <font color="0000ff">sold</font> were placed in the thread, a moderator could do a keyword search and prune as necessary. (I just tried it and there are a few with that already.) Just decide which word/phrase to use as the keyword.

hotwire

Thanks Joe, Let's get people trained to use "please delete" when thier items sell or want a thread thrown in the trash. Maybe I'll start a new thread in the classifieds with that info, is that ok?