Do you think that the cold is coming?

Polarice

I couldn't help but watch some other weather programs. I heard this guy saying that he think the LaNina is gone and that it's going to get cold the rest of January into February. He the stated that there may be a couple of days with above average temps but not like it has been.

Do you think that the cold is now coming to stay starting Thursday?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
La Nina is not gone and will continue into early spring at least. That should not be of much concern as I have serious doubts that it is what is causing the weather to do what it is doing across North America. La Ninas bring the exact opposite of what we have going on right now.

It does look like there are some changes underway that will support better chances for cold and snow in the central US in the coming weeks, but I do not see any big storms at this point and the best chances for snow and cold to sustain it will occur the further north you go.

-John

Polarice

Okay thanks for the clarification. I'm just looking for a pattern in Wetmore where it just snows and snows every single day. Whether it be an inch or a foot. I know that happened last year for many days in a row.

josh_4184

La Nina is not gone and will continue into early spring at least. That should not be of much concern as I have serious doubts that it is what is causing the weather to do what it is doing across North America. La Ninas bring the exact opposite of what we have going on right now.

It does look like there are some changes underway that will support better chances for cold and snow in the central US in the coming weeks, but I do not see any big storms at this point and the best chances for snow and cold to sustain it will occur the further north you go.

-John

John, I completely agree with you, this season has proven that the ENSO cycles while do have strong influence on are weather patterns are not the only players in the game.