Do You Think....

G

G

Without getting in to the whole climate changing thing - I just read that the polar ice cap and a lot of old Greenland ice is going away rapidly. How much does it have to diminish so that we don't get polar vortexes and the jet stream doesn't get ahold of any cold air because there isn't any? It has been discussed at length about how winters are not what they used to be as far as snowfall and overall duration of 'winter'. Or are we in unknown territory?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
This is such a controversial topic that I am going to take your opening statement VERY seriously.

My 100% honest answer is don't lose any sleep over it. If the jetstream was really to change that much (which I find nearly impossible), we would have enormously larger problems than finding snow to play in.

Keep in mind, there is no shortage of ice in the upper latitudes of the northern hemisphere during winter, which is when the "polar vortex" occurs.

-John

euphoric1

I also thought I heard that the o-zone layer was on the mend, wasn't the concern that we were losing the o-zone layer also an outlining cause of "global warming", hopefully things will change soon.