e tec trouble

Treis

Help
Just rode 40 miles and hit it one last time and it started to bog and miss. I slowed down then check engine light when on and it quit. Would not restart after 10 min. Back 2 hours latter starts up and ran good to the trailer 2 miles away. What's up? 2009 renegade etec w 5000 miles.
Anyone else have this happen.
Tom

whitedust

Can't do much with etec but if anything like etec outboard chip knows ,"ALL", burbs & % of operation at speed broken down down to bar graph print out but all you know is not running right. Take to dealer if you really want to know.

Treis

took it in.. thanks guys and yes the check engine light went off when I got it started the second time..

azandy

My dealer told me plugs are good for around 6000 miles. So if yours are original, it might be time for new.
Dealer might be able to check a code set from check engine light too.

jeff_d

I had the exact same sled and had a issue with it missing and low power with the check engine lite on. It would run bad when hot. I could stop on side of the trail for a few minutes and let it cool off and it would run good for a while. Took it to dealer to have it checked out. Ended up being a bad coil. When looking at the bottom of the coil you could see a little melty/ goopy looking stuff coming out of it. Might be something for you to take a quick look at before taking it to the dealer.