Eagle river to munising?

braaap442

We went from Eagle River to Big Bay a month ago. On the return trip we went through Marquette on our way back to ER. From ER to Gwinn would be about 180 miles if you go to Phelps to Alvin to Crystal Falls to Silver Lake to Gwinn. Not sure how many miles it is from Gwinn to Munising but i think it would be doable. The trails are great that way and i will probably do that trip in the next couple of years. Let me know how it goes.

P.S.- Just pulled out my maps. Looks like from Gwinn to Munising would be around 40 miles. so it should be a 220 mile trip.

pretty close .... I got 230 miles , via 107N Kenton/Sidnaw, then 8E/417....make sure you stop at Lakenenland metal sculpture park, on trail 417, just east of Harvey....cool place to warm up.....

ragex2

about 235 ER>phelps> iron river>crystal falls>sagola>gwinn>chatham>muni/wetmore. about 8 hr ride at a sane pace. done this route several times, normally good trails and low traffic. plenty of gas until gwinn, then not until wetmore. should be good-to-go filling in CF and gwinn. spur trail to town/gas in CF is not well marked. it's after crossing highway 141? trail turns right then hard left, look right. pay attention you'll see it

Last edited:

braaap442

about 235 ER>phelps> iron river>crystal falls>sagola>gwinn>chatham>muni/wetmore. about 8 hr ride at a sane pace. done this route several times, normally good trails and low traffic. plenty of gas until gwinn, then not until wetmore. should be good-to-go filling in CF and gwinn. spur trail to town/gas in CF is not well marked. it's after crossing highway 141? trail turns right then hard left, look right. pay attention you'll see it

Which gas station do you go to in Crystal Falls? The only one i can find is the Cenex station on the corner of the main intersection in town at the top of the hill. I ride down the alley about 3-4 blocks to get there. Usually not much snow. It used to be so nice when the Amoco was right on the trail on the east side of town.

like rage said....1st spur trail to the right after crossing along the road..there is a small gas sign posted, then just follow 1/4 mi down the back roads, look to the right.....

there is also a BP station in Sagola, but have to watch for small unmarked trail, along hwy 95, to the left

EXCESSIVE FORCE

You can also get gas at Harvey if you're going that way....
Gas at Crystal Falls across from grocery store.Take the spur trail as indicated above. Trail passes are available at the grocery store too if you need one.....

- - - Updated - - -

like rage said....1st spur trail to the right after crossing along the road..there is a small gas sign posted, then just follow 1/4 mi down the back roads, look to the right.....

there is also a BP station in Sagola, but have to watch for small unmarked trail, along hwy 95, to the left

Then you can take the Sagola roundabout....The only roundabout i've ever seen on a trail...Look at the map..LOL...