EBay Links

upsledder

John,
If I have a somewhat unique snowmobile related item listed on eBay is it OK to post a link in the classifieds?
Thanks,
Bob
66318.gif

A

admin

Yes, but I will warn you that some e bay links that some have posted ended up sending people to a page that contained confidential info. Not sure what went wrong, but I was asked to remove the links on several occasions.

Perhaps one of those posters will see this and chime in.

-John

snowdog

Very Cool. I have a Rush (the band) Semi that is pretty rare. Any time I see those kind of trucks and thay have some cool company logo or whatever.<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> makes me want to buy it. I don't even know where I got the Rush one but it's in the box and unopened. I bt there are guys who collect them. You'll should be able to sell it no problem.

upsledder

Rush is an all-time favorite of mine! My auction ends in about 30 minutes...currently at $50.00

Actually I put the moving sleds in as an image....how do you do a signature?

snowdog

Rush does kick major azz...thats where the Snowdog name came from along with it kinda fits the winter sports thing. Seen them more times than you would believe ...and no lie. I'm a die hard fan. Anyhow, Most message boards have signatures. It's where you can add text or image to every post you make. You normally would set that up in your preferences. This board does not have it because it adds to the amount of space that the server would require. John keeps this site pretty simple and understandably so. I'm sure he is one busy guy just keeping up with it as it is.

John, If your reading this...have you ever thought of having volunteer's help in moderating the boards or is it not needed? I saw somewhere recently how many hits a day this site gets. How do you keep up with all of it? If you needed volunteer help I would be willing to give a hand if it's needed.

Take care....
and LET IS SNOW!!!

upsledder

It's pretty cool how on the original vinyl album at the end of By-Tor and the Snowdog the chimes are recorded into the vinyl trail off so that (on older turntables) they keep repeating until you remove the tonearm.

snowdog

I REMEMBER THAT! I forgot until you mentioned it. I just finished a room for my home theatre. I have to get out the old vinyl and turntable once I get this set up...
OH...and by the way... a 45 city tour was announced today!

Guess who will be at more than one of these shows...
Saw them last year a few times and they were on fire! These dudes are like a fine wine...better and better with age...

www.rush.com Click on the tour section...

Maybe I'll see ya at a show!

upsledder

Though I haven't seen them in concert since 1981, I think I might just go to the show at Summerfest this year.

I have a theory on the eBay link thing.
I would say if you are going to post a link, make sure you are not logged into your eBay account when you copy the link. Clear your cookies, go to eBay and find the item without logging in. The links will be different.

snowdog

Yeah I kinda derailed this thread but good...sorry...
I'll be at that show for sure. Rush playing Summerfest on the lake.. I'M THERE!