electric cars

dfattack

Nice! I heard Ford stopped delivery of their new Lightning trucks, what a shame...LOL
I heard that was going to happen from a Ford dealer friend of mine in Canada believe it or not.

Does anyone know why they stopped delivery?

eagle1

2024 f150's Have All been parked and on hold....Think this week is first where some are finally shipping.

heckler56

I heard that was going to happen from a Ford dealer friend of mine in Canada believe it or not.

Does anyone know why they stopped delivery?
Speculating on my part: delaying the loss on the books when one sells. The BEV sales have taken a dive. I returned my leased BEV in December (4 months early) and the mfr has yet to pick it up from the dealer. The residual/ buy option price is about $7k higher than market value and they had no interest in selling it to me for that, or any reduction in price. The kicker, they gave me discounts and rebates and the remaining rental payments to lease another one. 4 months later still haven’t asked for those payments.

bouncer

Hydrogen is a cheap and logical future best for mankind. No pollution and easily adaptable to todays engines.
Check out this link. Toyota accomplished this years ago and finally was "allowed" to bring it to market.

I am not a big fan of compressed hydrogen tanks in vehicles. I prefer a hydrogen generator system and just add water.
But the compressed gas could work. Fork trucks have been using compressed gas for decades.

Here's a thought. You could make a vehicle with a hydrogen powered generator to charge the battery's as you go. Zero pollution
and no strain on the grid. The generator would run off a tank, the size a fork truck uses. Fuel stop would be a simple tank change.