Email for every post?

garyl62

Didn't want to hijack a different thread, but you said someplace else on the board you get an email from every post. How many does that work out to be a day in season? Can't believe you read even many of the subject/titles. How do you manage your in-box with that much going through it?

D

Deleted member 10829

I can't wait to hear the answer! I wanted to ask the same thing, but didn't want to hijack either. I get an email for every thread I post on, as I'm sure many of us do, but to get one for every post! Wow, your inbox is full!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 12:11 this morning I have gotten 201 e-mail notifications from the site. I don't get ALL of them, just the ones from the popular posting areas.

When I come home from a 3 day sled trip I usually have around 1,000, depending on how busy the site is. :eek:

600_RMK_144

Yep, I've wondered the same thing, John. I've seen you repond to many-a-posts and couldn't believe you would have time to read all of them?! Inquiring minds want to know...

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly do not know the exact number, but take Skylar's number and add some more to it! I use Gmail for my e mail using, so posts from the same thread (like all of those from this discussion) get grouped into the same e mail notification.

I have to admit that I do not real all of them. After 10 years of moderating, I have gotten reasonably good at knowing which ones might be having a problem that needs addressing and which ones don't. Then there are the threads that I have an interest in and I open those e mails and read them.

So yea, you could say I get a lot of e mails and read a lot of e mails! It is pretty much a habit to check my e mails as often as I can to try and stay on top of things. I also get a lot of help from the moderators.

Another thing that keeps me busy is helping folks log in because of a forgotten username and/or password. Probably get a half dozen to a dozen of those a day!

Not complaining though. It's all part of a day's job on johndee.com!

-John

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I honestly do not know the exact number, but take Skylar's number and add some more to it! I use Gmail for my e mail using, so posts from the same thread (like all of those from this discussion) get grouped into the same e mail notification.

I have to admit that I do not real all of them. After 10 years of moderating, I have gotten reasonably good at knowing which ones might be having a problem that needs addressing and which ones don't. Then there are the threads that I have an interest in and I open those e mails and read them.

So yea, you could say I get a lot of e mails and read a lot of e mails! It is pretty much a habit to check my e mails as often as I can to try and stay on top of things. I also get a lot of help from the moderators.

Another thing that keeps me busy is helping folks log in because of a forgotten username and/or password. Probably get a half dozen to a dozen of those a day!

Not complaining though. It's all part of a day's job on johndee.com!

-John

Very true, I feel the same way. Like the other day, I noticed there was whole bunch of posting going on in the Kenosha area and conditions thread, why, I thought to myself, they have no snow? So I had to go check it out and see what was going on. This morning it was more spam that I had to delete, stupid spammers. :)