Eminence MO (Ozark National Scenic Riverways)

fusionfool

So we are heading down to the Ozark National Scenic Riverways. besides the scenic rides, has anyone been down there on Bike and have some can not miss type activities, eating places, ext?

fusionfool

You ever make it down that way with the bike. Also thinking of checking that are out soon.

We are heading down on Saturday. I was down years ago (like 30) on bike, but I am sure things have changed. I see zip lines, as was before lots of river activities, canoe, rafting, ext. Looks iffy on weather for the week, but I know they have lots of public free Rifle / Pistol ranges, at least if total rain could go out to a range and shot the pistol for a while. We have limited pistol ranges here, and our Sportsmen's club range is always full. I will for sure will be taking advantage of that. I see over 4 pistol ranges in the Eminence area.

fusionfool

You ever make it down that way with the bike. Also thinking of checking that are out soon.
It was well worth the trip. We were in Eminence, MO and took day rides from there. Eminence is a hopping little town with lots of horse back riders, River floaters / canoeing, and bikers both motorcycle and bicycle. The rides are phenomenal. So many winding curves I have blisters on my clutch hand :) and just for the record, I already had 3,000 miles on the bike this year so not because I was not broke in for the year.
I you go be sure to not just take the posted routes, but go off the main route and explore. For instance we went east on 106, then south 21 and saw a sign for Clear Water dam on Hwy 44, took this to the dam then on the east side to Piedmont, out of Piedmont on Hwy 34. WOW what a road. Every day we put on 300 plus miles and enjoyed every ride as if it were the first day there. Another ride off the suggested routes takes you down into Arkansas from Mammoth Spring take Hwy 9 south to Hwy 14 then back up to Norfork. This ride is more mountainous and beautiful. The wife said NORFORKIN way we could have missed that ride.
After 1800 miles just riding around the Ozarks, we could have spent another week and probably not run out of great rides.