Epic conditions for us in Colorado

skeedoo

Unreal, Unbelievable, Epic!!!! Snowing like crazy on top of 10+ feet of snow. I know this because a pine hole ate me when I stepped back to take a picture of my stuck sled and I ended up at the bottom of the hole - they had to use a snowbunje to pull my little *** out. Powder coming over the windshield and then some. Trust me there are some places in Colorado with some serious fresh snow. Be home monday (maybe) and I'll put up some pics and video soon after. Coming back 2 times next month and with the El Nino year March should be more snow than they ever get, can't wait.

Last edited:
Unreal, Unbelievable, Epic!!!! Snowing like crazy on top of 10+ feet of snow. I know this because a pine hole ate me when I stepped back to take a picture of my stuck sled and I ended up at the bottom of the hole - they had to use a snowbunje to pull my little *** out. Powder coming over the windshield and then some. Trust me there are some places in Colorado with some serious fresh snow. Be home monday (maybe) and I'll put up some pics and video soon after. Coming back 2 times next month and with the El Nino year March should be more snow than they ever get, can't wait.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

skeedoo

Snowed 2+ feet last night between 8,000 and 11,000 feet. It's really getting insane!!! Was snowing really hard again all day and not supposed to stop at least thru the weekend. The only thing about all this snow is the visibility sucks. Riding above 10,000 feet has some serious epic powder, actually no more please (Can't believe I just said that). Techsledder give me a call or P.M. me and I'll fill you in (317-727-8432). Are you headed west soon? Oh, broke the goggle strap mount today on my contour HD, so only got about 20 min. of video but what I got is sick!! Gonna try to epoxy it together. Riding again tomarrow and looking like another fresh multiple feet of snow to look forward to.

buzz

just got back from rabbit ears , last ride was on thursday and wed night it started snowing up top and see it still is. stayed in kremmling and trailered up to re. powder was getting deep then. its got to be unbelievable know. try to get some pics up later today. had to quit riding early by 2 on thur. cause it was snowing so hard. enjoy to anyone heading out that way.

skeedoo

Trying to get home to put up the pics but they closed down I-80 near Lincoln, Nebraska for snow, wind and white out conditions - THIS SUCKS!! Truckers are saying there is a 40 car pile-up on I-80 the direction we are headed. At least the Subway we are at has wireless. We ended up getting close to 60 inches of snow in 3 days where we were sledding. Last day of riding (yesterday) was to much snow, it didn't matter what size track you had it was a stuck fest but was a blast. I have never seen so many 154-163 inch mountain sleds stuck in my life. If you could keep your momentum going it was once in a lifetime conditions. My buddies and I only averaged about 5 stucks each per day which wasn't bad considering 5 plus feet of fresh snow. Can't wait to get the pics up - they rival pics from B.C, Alaska, or anywhere out west. It truly was unreal. Also for you 137" Renegade (Backcountry) riders and 141" Crossfire guys you will love these pics and video - you'll see what actually can be done on a shorter track with the right set up in huge amount of powder in the mountains, people thought we were insane especially on some of the climbs we attempted. Took over 150 pictures and about 2 or 3 hours of video so when we finally make it home I'll try to get some up quickly. For those of you headed west if you know those places that typically get that 500+ inches of snow per year (gotta be in the 10,000 ft range), they are finally getting it. Good sledding around Steamboat, Rabbit Ears, Buffalo, Snowy's, that hole range is getting pounded. Its around noon now and they are saying highway probably closed at least till tonight - the only downside of travelling west!!

Last edited:

skeedoo

Well we got back on the road finally, made it 50 miles and the engine light and a message saying, "reduced engine power" came on in our 2009 Silverado With Durimax/Allison so we are officially stuck in Lincoln, NE until the morning when we can get the truck to a dealer for service. Good news is there is enough snow to do some ditchbanging so we are thinking about unloading the sleds and rippin' up Lincoln. We left Colorado at 7:00 last night, here it is almost 24 hours later and we are still 600 miles from home, no good!!

tourguide

My truck did the same thing 2 years ago in Fargo, the air filter froze solid from snow dust being sucked in. May be worth checking

snoluver1

There is not nessasarily anything wrong with your truck. Your particulate filter may just be dirty and its going through the self clean mode. You get the reduced power message while its in this mode. Should be info on this in your owners manual.

JasonF

Yep just change your fuel filter and you should be good to go, at the very least try to get the truck somewhere warm and get some fuel treatment flowin through those lines.

skeedoo

Thanks for the replies about the truck, we'll give the filter a check. I was dyinig to see the pics on the computer so we went to wal-mart across the street and I got a card reader so I could check 'em out. Also dumped the video to my computer and we checked that out. Here's our plan, we are gonna get the truck checked out in the morning and then were gonna head right back to Colorado to play in all that snow again. Oh if I only could. Anyway gotta get to bed but I thought this pic was pretty funny and shows what I have been talking about with this crazy amount of fresh powder. This is my '09 Renegade 137" with 1.75" track and a hole bunch of mountain mod goodies just lovin' that cold blanket of snow. Lots more pics and some video to come after I finally make it home.

Attachments

• Picture 314.jpg
    Picture 314.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 150

skeedoo

Here's one more pic so you can see what it looks like when 2 Artic Cat's, 1 HCR and 1 M1000 came to play in the epic powder. Stuck Fest!! Don't worry most of my pics are of action shots and not of sleds getting stuck. Actually in the last post with the pic of my sled in the powder I'm not stuck, YET!!

Attachments

• Picture 373.jpg
    Picture 373.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 150

attack_06

diesel

if ur going to own a diesel u need to know how to maintain it in winter or u will get stranded i never have problem with mine antigel and new filter every year in december not in middle of summer

skeedoo

Sorry iusmit have't had any time to get on the computer and check anything. We ended up chasing that storm all the way across the U.S and didn't end up making it home until around midnight monday night (We left at 7:00 pm on Sat. night - Long A** Trip). I have a display booth at the Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel show that runs for 10 days starting this Friday so have had to concentrate on getting ready for that (My sled will be on display there also in a custom motorcycle roped off showcase area, pretty stoked about that). I live on the northside of Indy only a few minutes from Fishers - would love to get together sometime and talk sledding. Are you into boondocking or are you a trail rider? Also, started to compile pics last night to get posted but will probably post them on the Guestshots Page instead of on this thread, there's quite a few pics. Does anyone know how Bluetooth posted his pics and was able to have them full size like they were? Anyway I'll get them up somewhere, somehow soon.

Sorry iusmit have't had any time to get on the computer and check anything. We ended up chasing that storm all the way across the U.S and didn't end up making it home until around midnight monday night (We left at 7:00 pm on Sat. night - Long A** Trip). I have a display booth at the Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel show that runs for 10 days starting this Friday so have had to concentrate on getting ready for that (My sled will be on display there also in a custom motorcycle roped off showcase area, pretty stoked about that). I live on the northside of Indy only a few minutes from Fishers - would love to get together sometime and talk sledding. Are you into boondocking or are you a trail rider? Also, started to compile pics last night to get posted but will probably post them on the Guestshots Page instead of on this thread, there's quite a few pics. Does anyone know how Bluetooth posted his pics and was able to have them full size like they were? Anyway I'll get them up somewhere, somehow soon.

I PM'd you. Also, view this thread to help you on how to post pictures like Blutooth http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12558
See zaskars post on "Making photos fullsize..."

skeedoo

Finally got the pics posted. You can view them in the Guestshots Current Gallery (2009-2010). Hope you enjoy, it was really an unbelieveable trip!!
Hope to get some video posted as well, if I can figure out how.