Escanaba Area Trail 2

behrke

I am looking to go snowmobiling in the next few weeks. Around Escaba/Rapid River on some maps online theres a disconnect between these 2 towns? Is this correct? or can i travel strait thru with out doing a big detour north

Thanks

2TrakR

There is no official, marked, maintained and groomed trail around there.

As the correct maps show, trail 2 ends at Escanaba. There is a disconnected section of trail 2 around Gladstone (does not connect to other trails) and then there is trail 2 that ends east of Rapid River.

There are ways to connect roads, ditches, powerlines, etc through there. Many locals are familiar with how to do this. Guys I've spoken with that are not familiar with how to connect had a very difficult time doing so as there were no tracks for them to follow and much of it was probably trespassing.

The correct way to get through there is to use Trail 8 much to the north.

2TrakR

Was a marked trail a long time ago, lots of private property required to get through. Have been told differing stories on the current lack of connections, but unsure of the real version. Pretty confident it's related to easement/permission for access through the private land sections.

Poor Devil

Trail used to start on the RR Grade by the Gun/Sports Club and head West! Not any more,the damn gate by the Dump is Locked! Poor Devil!