Evinrude is dead !!!

maddogg

I saw that too. Sad day as Evinrude was started where I grew up. I saw that Polaris also shut down the Rinker, Larson and one other brad of boats.

whitedust

What impact does BRP discontinuing outboard etec production have on snowmobile etec engines??? I feel Covid is an excuse BRP has been trying to sell Evinrude for many years.

euphoric1

You do have to wonder this, was this truly just a result of revenue loss because of covid shutdown? They had some leading technology in the outboard industry which did carry over into the snowmobile industry, will they retain the technology? could this be a sign of what may come as well in the snowmobile industry with already so few manufacturers? curious how the preseason sales of sleds went this year and what the forecast is yet to come. Still 40 plus million americans without jobs, and we have yet to see the true economic effects of the shut down. I was for one shocked when I heard this news, another 400 jobs lost locally from a business that who thought would ever go away.

whitedust

You do have to wonder this, was this truly just a result of revenue loss because of covid shutdown? They had some leading technology in the outboard industry which did carry over into the snowmobile industry, will they retain the technology? could this be a sign of what may come as well in the snowmobile industry with already so few manufacturers? curious how the preseason sales of sleds went this year and what the forecast is yet to come. Still 40 plus million americans without jobs, and we have yet to see the true economic effects of the shut down. I was for one shocked when I heard this news, another 400 jobs lost locally from a business that who thought would ever go away.
It’s logical to think spring sales of all snowmobile manufacturers were down as layoffs and job loss was happening the same time Spring promotions were running. Covid shut downs killed a lot of businesses many downsized. Imo Evinrude is great outboard technology and definitely could have survived Covid
Market shock. Hopefully Mercury will buy the rights to etec for a song and add Evinrude to their line up. I’m very very disappointed BRP just gave up so easily. What else will they throw on the scrap heap?