Excitement of big storms

regionrat

John,
Do you find yourself putting in longer hours if there's the potential for a really great storm? Would a model that shows a pressure drop of 50 millibars in 24 hours really get your adrenaline pumping? Would you suddenly find yourself eagerly anticipating the next model run? Or, because you've seen so much weather, while it's interesting, it's really just another day at the office?
And if you miss a forecast (I'm assuming here, maybe you don't miss) does it eat at you for awhile, or is it just a bad day at the office?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Most certainly when there is the potential for a blockbuster storm to impact the Midwest (especially my area), I get more excited. I also spend more time looking at the maps, but that is usually because there is more to look out for and try to figure out than when the pattern is quieter.

I miss my fair share of forecasts, or at least more than I would like. I does eat at me a bit, but not as much as it used to. I guess part of doing it for so long is you come to realize that you are trying to forecast the future and there is no way to ever get it right all the time. Best to put it behind me, try and learn from my mistakes and get on with the current and future.

-John

bigvin

Brotha John,

Just tell me what I need to do,... to get that 2 feet of snow
that is being wasted on the East Coast Cities to make a U-Turn
and pummel us here in the Upper Midwest!
My snow dancin' shoes are getting worn out! LOL!
:eek:)

Man,...
They are really going to be Hammered.
Exciting to keep track of on the tube and internet.