faded wood..

timo

John
I've wondered for years why on your cabin is the wood on the base of the wall look so faded from the rest of the cabin. I'm talking the picture you post of the front of the house the left wall, it looks like the wood is way lighter color than the rest. Just curious.

Thanks.

chadlyt

i figure it would be when the rain and snow falls off the roof and hits the ground it wears more on it? I've thought the exact same thing.

timo

i figure it would be when the rain and snow falls off the roof and hits the ground it wears more on it? I've thought the exact same thing.
;

Yes I thought of that but I don't think that is the case. Also why is the wood on the outside of the upper fascade also way lighter? I know they got a lot of snow but I've never seen it over his roof.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
The wood at the bottom is exposed to water dripping off the roof, so it has darkened. It is most visible when things are moist out like they were yesterday when the latest pic was taken.

My plan is to add a gutter to that side to stop the water from falling off the roof and then hitting the sidewalk and splashing back up onto the wood. Then re-surface that wood and stain the entire cabin.

-John