Feb 27 Snow

pclark

It started in Manitowish Waters around 10am this morning and as of 7pm it is pretty much done. We ended up with 4-5" of new snow today puts us over 20" for the past week so lot's of snow up here and it should stick around for awhile. Tuesday shows sunny and 35 so sun will burn some snow off, more snow Wednesday to replace it so not a bad start to March. Pics are in town @ 6pm in MW, all trails look very good.
1677547247903.png
1677547280695.png

Sweep800

Thanks for the update, was up there two weeks ago(in a vehicle) showing a couple of my kids my grandparents old place we used to go as kids. Perhaps you know what I’m talking about. It is at the end of Channel road on the right side(channel side) it has an actual wet boat house on the property with a concrete retaining wall along the entire property. It’s a lot different now from when I was there as a kid. I think they sold it in the late 70’s for like $160k . Sure wish it would’ve been passed down!! Lol

Sorry, I guess I’m off topic.

pclark

Sweep, Someone did a huge remodel on the main house and other buildings if that is the place? On the point/river as you leave Rest Lake entering the channel to the river? People ride snowmobiles down Channel Road and hop on Rest Lake to go up to town instead of taking the trail. Crazy what waterfront property is going for nowadays up here on the chain.

Sweep800

Yup, that’s the place, I’ll try to find some old photos. The place on the point must have acquired some of our old property because our property line used to go basically straight up the middle of the point.

Is there still a floating island on Rest lake? I remember when it blew into the channel and blocked it off. They tried pulling it with boats but didn’t work, just had to wait for the winds to change direction if memory serves.

racerx

Went out to plow thinking we had 4-5 and actually brought out the ruler for this one and was a solid 6-7 here in Lando. Actually gave up plowing and brought out the blower as this was a bit heavier than the deeper fluff we had last week.

pclark

Yup, that’s the place, I’ll try to find some old photos. The place on the point must have acquired some of our old property because our property line used to go basically straight up the middle of the point.

Is there still a floating island on Rest lake? I remember when it blew into the channel and blocked it off. They tried pulling it with boats but didn’t work, just had to wait for the winds to change direction if memory serves.
Never saw a floating island on Rest Lake but it was probably a bog that got loose and blew into the channel. I've seen that happen between Fawn and Stone Lakes, eventually they just follow the wind like you said and end up where they do.