Fielding Calls.

kip

To all,

We are fielding a lot of calls due to the upcoming forecast. Obviously this isn't going to be ideal conditions but by no means is this going to end our winter. It surprises me how panic sets in so quick. Yes, for some areas South and West of the snowbelt it's most likely going to be over for a bit but not from Rockland to the North. Plenty of snow here and it's going to take a lot more than a few warm days to end our season. It's middle of February. Let's not panic here.

T

Tracker

I been tryin ta help but theres a lot of SKIDONTs sold ever year don't cha no's....LOL....they out number snowmachiners and men....LOL

shelby369

Heck fella's ............. the Cat army will ride in mud if it gets us out to a patch of snow..... there's a lot of winter still to come.....

journeyman

Yes as I reported in the other thread, from the Greenland area north the snowpack was much deeper. My last week's observations was about a 4' base around Greenland to a 5-6' snow base up around Houghton to Copper Harbor. Down by Ironwood to Bruce Crossing the base was closer to 20-30".

The snow may settle a bit but could easily rebound in the copper country when the temps drop again and the LES machine kicks back in.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
People tend to panic when they see warm temps forecasted, I think some forget how much snow is up there. Guys at work know how much I live winter and snow, they've been riding me hard about the warmth coming. I love reminding them that I ride in the u.p., and give zero F's about snow conditions down here at home. :)

towtruck

To all,

We are fielding a lot of calls due to the upcoming forecast. Obviously this isn't going to be ideal conditions but by no means is this going to end our winter. It surprises me how panic sets in so quick. Yes, for some areas South and West of the snowbelt it's most likely going to be over for a bit but not from Rockland to the North. Plenty of snow here and it's going to take a lot more than a few warm days to end our season. It's middle of February. Let's not panic here.

X2 kip, we are riding sat sun mon in your area, mostly of trail-but because there will be no hard freeze at night we won't have to deal with the frozen crust in the morning! we will stop and see you for gas and parts- hopefully just gas!

blkhwkbob

I don't care if you have ten feet of snow up there. With that much traffic and 45 degrees, the trails are going to be toast.

UP RIDER

We will probably have snow on the ground late into April and maybe even May , but as far as having quality riding with the forcast??? Off trail will be mashed spuds and trails will be rough as a Cob.

T

Tracker

Heck fella's ............. the Cat army will ride in mud if it gets us out to a patch of snow..... there's a lot of winter still to come.....

your in babay...dats what I am talkin aboot...a man of caliber and substance I see

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care if you have ten feet of snow up there. With that much traffic and 45 degrees, the trails are going to be toast.

negative BOB'o....there are forests where no snow melts or it takes weeks to melt 12 inches...ride around in there....one is by eagle river....NELMA and the backwoods motel...that forest....no one rides there and there will be snow...Presque isle...another....iron river....brule river tap and north of that....the Manistique....many places will be toot sweet

- - - Updated - - -

Must be riding with TRACKER, eh???? I thought he liked the dust????????

I dunno about the dusting....me glass got DUSTED once in the frontier inn by weasels....and man o man....the next thing I remember was being perfectly balanced on a rock and there was a mirage all around me....LMAO....no dusting please....all I want now is to see "THE PUPPIES" and nothing more.....ROTFLMAO

frnash

… We are fielding a lot of calls due to the upcoming forecast. … It surprises me how panic sets in so quick. …
People tend to panic when they see warm temps forecasted, I think some forget how much snow is up there. Guys at work know how much I live winter and snow, they've been riding me hard about the warmth coming. I love reminding them that I ride in the u.p. …
Exactly! Folks that haven't experienced several decades in da UP snow belts:

Snow belts.gif

… particularly in the Copper Country and along the "spine" of the Keweenaw , just have no concept of what it's like!
b1121.jpg
(Photo courtesy of Pasty Cam.)

chords

RRRIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG

HELLO
Do youse guys have any snow?
WHY YES WE DO
How much ?
HOW MUCH YOU WANT ?
Wisecrack, you know what I mean
ALOT
Ten days ago my buddy was there and said it was good trails