Finland MN area and lodging....?

trdehmer

Never been to the Finland area, thinking about a trip with my wife for the weekend of Feb. 19/20th. Any suggestions where to head and lodging? Preferably something with a bar/grill attached. Heard Wildhurst was good, but they are booked 2-3 months out.....

mngolf4

Lodging is fairly limited in Finland proper - I would recommend the Maple Grove Motel - there's a restaurant and bar directly across the road from it, Four Seasons Supper Club. It's also close to gas and other establishments in Finland.

Only issue is that the Motel only has 4 rooms.

GTL

Why Finland? More "things to do" and accommodations in Silver Bay. You can easily ride up to Finland from there.

royaloaks

Most stay at the Americinn in Silver Bay. You can ride right from the parking lot, then under the highway up to the trail system.

trdehmer

Is Americinn in Silver Bay the only place? Is there resturants/bars/grills walking distance from the hotel?

trdehmer

How about Riverside Motel in Finland - what's near that? They don't have a website or anything so not much info on location and what they are close to..

groomerdriver

Lodging is fairly limited in Finland proper - I would recommend the Maple Grove Motel - there's a restaurant and bar directly across the road from it, Four Seasons Supper Club. It's also close to gas and other establishments in Finland.

Only issue is that the Motel only has 4 rooms.

Nice people there! Rooms are a bit small but the price is right! Four Seasons has solid food and drink. I was amazed at how much more snow there was in Finland vs. right along the lake. FWIW - Finland has a very nice setup for local connector trails. If one wasn't looking to put on a ton of miles you might be happy just putting around on those trails.

mngolf4

How about Riverside Motel in Finland - what's near that? They don't have a website or anything so not much info on location and what they are close to..

Not familiar with the Riverside Motel - if it's functioning it appears to be a bit farther north out of town and not near any other establishments. When I've looked for lodging in Finland before, all that was suggested was the Maple Grove, Our Place (has some small, relatively crude cabins) and Wildhurst. Again, if you want to be in Finland and you're traveling with your wife, the Maple Grove Motel is my recommendation.

machz2005

Finland is fun to snowmobile to, if you want restaurant/bar choices go to Tofte or Two Harbors. Both have plenty of snow on the feeder trails. If I was taking the wife, wanted her to enjoy it and want to come back, that's what I'd do.

Comfort inn - Two harbors
Americainn - Tofte

Good luck

royaloaks

Is Americinn in Silver Bay the only place? Is there resturants/bars/grills walking distance from the hotel?

No there really is not much for choices when dining in Silver Bay. If that is a factor I would choose something else such as Grand Superior Lodge or Americinn in Tofte. Also FYI, Our Place in Finland and The Trestle Inn (both good food) are cash only and there is not an ATM at Trestle nor close by.