Finland/North Shore area

elf

Headed up to the cabin from the 26th thru the 4th. Snowmobiled for 8 straight days! While I don't have a picture of them the most interesting things we saw were 2 bull moose on the trail one day and a timberwolf on the trail another day.

Here's what we saw when we got up to the cabin on hte 26th. 28" of snow on the table
95149.jpg

Picture of front of cabin
95150.jpg

Stopping to eat on the Moosewalk. It was just past here that we saw the 2 bull moose.
95151.jpg

Doing some boondocking on New Years Day- Decided to turn around here
95152.jpg

Ship on Lake Superior-Sorry, not sledding related but sort of cool
95153.jpg

More boondocking
95154.jpg

Here's where we were going
95155.jpg

Riding fresh snow on the trail
95156.jpg

C

canoepaddler

Elf, we love that area and the Moose Walk trail. We've seen moose 3 yrs in a row up that way, a cow just outside of Isabella on the Tomahawk trail, cow & calf off the state trail a little north of the Caribou parking lot, and 2 bull moose up in the Gunflint area. We haven't seen a wolf yet though.

elf

The wolf sighting was funny. We were on the moosewalk and came around a corner and he was trotting down the trail in front of us. So I slowed down to let him get off the trail. Well, he didn't so we were following him down the trail for a ways. Then I finally sped up behind him to get him to jump off the trail and all it did was move to the side and let me pass. I could have scratched his ears as I went by. Then the dang wolf just trotted along behind me with my friend trailing it. So finally I stopped and it got to within about 15 ft of me before it got off the trail. Too funny.