First Ride of the Season

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guess I'll go first. I took the Spyder out for the first ride on Monday, 4-15-2019. Sunny skies and 50 degrees, great to feel that "Wind Therapy".

Neenah Marina 2018.jpg

BigSix

I took my Goldwing out for the first time yesterday and rode it to work today! Great to be back on it.

BigSix

Haven't ridden since April 23rd. Looks like tomorrow may be nice. This year is shaping up to be a lot like last year; cool, crappy spring. Damned global warming! Usually I have ridden a dozen times to work by now but with the cool temps and rain this year, it hasn't happened.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spyder 1.jpg

I like it a lot, the closest thing to snowmobiling during the summer that I have found. A very comfortable ride and reliable. It has the 1330 ACE for an engine but not the best mileage, 30 to 40 mpg depending if it's hwy or around town. Probably too much technology for my preference but that goes for everything these days. I've said before that when new, it took me a day to figure out how to turn the darn radio on! Other features include power steering, power brakes, semi automatic transmission, heated grips and air suspension to name a few. I won't go into the electronics other than to say there's been no issues going into the third summer. It's been a good machine for me and a lot of fun.

Gary