Florida to Indiana to the Keweenaw

michbound

Hi John,

I left Florida to go home to Indiana to make my now one and only annual trip to the UP and the Keweenaw. I have reservations for this coming Thur. till Tue. for snowmobiling the Keweenaw. It looks by your forecast the Big snow might not happen. With your snowmobiler hat on as snowmobiler seeing those terrible High temps and rain early this week do you think there will be enough new snow for grooming this weekend to make the trails ride able? To make things worse for me I am to meet my son in law coming in via the airlines into Hancock from LA, Calf. on Friday to snowmobile with me.
I need to know if to tell him to come or stay home in LA, Calf.

Thanks' John for all the good forecasting and info you supply to all us die hard snowmobilers!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
There is enough snow right now to ride on, the issue is quality in some spots. But just have a look at the trail cam and that is what you will find on average up here.

It is still looking pretty good that we will get enough snow to freshen things up, perhaps even make things about as good as they can be again. My advice would be to hold off as long as you can and monitor the forecasts to let the confidence grow in them. But for now...if it were me, I would not cancel if I did not have to.

-John