Florida Trip FYI

jtgnbn

John, I noticed you were in Bonita Springs, I live in Naples and noticed you were in the area last week based on your journal entry. Glad to see you had a good time, the weather lately has been pretty good down here.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
The weather was just about as perfect as could be hoped for. You locals got some rain to help ease fire concerns, but it came at night so all of us "terrorists" could enjoy the sun during the day.

-John

jtgnbn

Yes, the fire dangers will probably be very high this year than in previous years. I have read where certain parts of lower michigan Traverse City Area could be ripe for fires this spring as well, hopefully not. I have wanted to take the grand kids to the naples zoo and after seeing your pics I plan on doing that soon.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
If going to the zoo, here is a tip. You can see most of it in 2 hours or less and if you get there around 3 pm (zoo closes at 5 pm), then the admission fee is 1/2 price. We did not know that going there, but got there a little before 3 and were told it would only be 1/2 price as they only charge that for the last 2 hours of the day.

-John

mikeh906

Its a weathermans [or gal] dream, always the same, partly cloudy, possible showers. 80 ish. Always right on the money. Glad you had a nice trip. Florida is just starting to empty out now. We get it to ourselves for 6 months now. Kinda like the UP, you love them when they come, and .....

bonnevier

My family was down there at the same time...and stayed in north Naples right near Bonita Springs. Another spot to hit with the kids is the train museum which is right next to the zoo. It is free but they ask for a donation which is well worth the $5! Lots of things to see and do plus train rides! Our boys loved it!

rodehard

The pictures you had in your journal looked great. We usually stay in Fort Myers or Fort Myers Beach but the place you stayed at looks inviting. Was it a VRBO listing? Can you give out the rental contact info?

jtgnbn

I looked up this place, this is about 2 miles from where I live, this was in a good location located off of vanderbilt drive and close to both Ft myers beach as well as many other beaches in the area. If your in the area next year let me know. One of these years I am going to make to the UP and take in the sights, there are many.