Flu shot didn't work?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10829

John,

I see you have the flu today but you had mentioned in a thread or the journal that you got the flu shot. I've been lucky enough to not have had the flu once since I started getting the flu shot every year since about 1997. I'm sure I just jinxed myself!

John this may just be what the Snow Gods need A Purging to the Snow Gods as a sacrifice
Thanks for taking one for the team let the snow begin
Feel better soon

whitedust

Some bug went thru my family before Xmas all but me & we all had a flu shots too. Moma & #4 daughter both down for the count for a week with flu like nose & throat then moved to cough & both had 102 temps.
Nasty stuff whatever it is. Get well soon JD.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I can start out by saying I'm not 100% sure its the flu and every year there are sever strands that run through the population, so perhaps it is one that was not included in the vaccine.

What ever it is, it is certainly going around as Nora said a bunch of staff at the school said they had the exact same thing over the weekend and as of 9:30 am, she had already sent 2 kids home.

It's a pretty wicked one, what ever it is. Intestinal issues, severe body aches and chills. I am headed to the ER this afternoon to make sure my past health issues are not being impacted. I think if I could just pull this meat cleaver out of my head and get the number of the truck that hit me, I would be feeling better.

Plus I really hope Nora and Gracie do not catch it. I am going to wear a mask until my symptoms pass.

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

Well I hope you feel better soon and Nora and Gracie avoid it! Nora has to be exposed to all of those kids too. Let's see, not feeling well with flu like symptons and not really enough snow for good riding in the Keewanaw, does it get much worse? Get well! :)

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
My employer provides shots each year so I get one. Got the Flu last year regardless, I was sicker than a dog. I asked the lady with the needle this year and she said there are many strains of the flu and they can't prevent all from sneeking through to ruin your day. Besides, the U.S. Government decides which vacines to produce, need I say anything more?

Get well soon, John!

D

Deleted member 10829

That's how I got started on my flu shots. I was working for Cargill at the time and they would come in and basically give us the shot at our desk. I guess I've been lucky the past 15 years or so. I've also heard you can get the flu from the shot!