Fluid leak

mjw66

2013 Yamaha venture….

Last night while putting sled into the garage up north I went over the bank from the plow and sled tipped over on its side. Took me maybe a minute or two and I got it up righted. Started back up and put into the garage.

This morning as we were packing up to head home I noticed some fluid under the sled. Maybe a cup or two mixed in with melted snow so hard to tell.

Since we were in hurry to leave I didn’t inspect it.

Big deal or not?

Thanks!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think a minor tip over would cause any harm. Not to say something didn't fail during your most recent ride. Did it have a color? Could be something on the floor before you parked it. Something from a breather tube? Definitely check it before you ride it again.

mrbb

what sled is this, is it a 2 stroke or 4?

as that could make a difference in where the oil came from if its oil

as if it was on its side, and oil came out, COLD oil moves slow and takes time to travel, and doesn't take much oil to make it look like more than it was

but missing oil from a 2 stroke tank is different issue than missing oil from a motor!
or a chain case!

most all things (tanks and cases ) have vents, to allow things to breath , , and when upside down or on there side, they can leak thru the vents
so again, pending where it leaked from, you maybe need to check fluid levels and go from there~

mrbb

then make sure you check both your engine oil level, chain case,
and also inside your air box, as if the motor drained oil into the air box, which isn;t that uncommon when a 4 stroke ends up, upside down or on its side!