Fly fishing the wesrern up

ubee

Heading up to the up this weekend to try some fly fishing! does anybody have any suggestions of any rivers to try? any help appreciated, thanks UBEE

Attachments

• sexy_fishing_girl.jpg
    sexy_fishing_girl.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 52

phazerpilot

ubee
i just left the western up ironwood area, mon-tues. had heavy rain. all streams really tough right now high water running fast. when it calms down try the river just east of bessemer on 2 or down by blackjack mtn. let me know how you do.

ubee

thanks, looks like maybe a lot more rain and thunder but still going to give it a try !pasty fest going on somewhere up there !! yum!!

mrsrunningbear

everything is running with the rain, over here by us if you haven't left yet the roselawn, 2 mile and cisco branch of the ontonagon are great! Stop by!

ubee

Lots of rain,wild rivers, no fish!! Turned out to be a good scouting trip! Lots of white blossoms on the thimbleberrys,a few raspberries and lots of green blueberries ! had some good ruttabega pastys! stopped at bond falls,no fish biting there as there was a pile driver chasing the fish to lake superior! ended up going to the mouth of the big huron river,silver river and rowland lake east of L'anse . no fish but lots of otv's enjoying the many remote trails and roads.stayed one night at best western right on the bay in baraga and camped out next night and got a wet azzz but still lots of fun! went by the running bear resort right during a downpour and will stop next time !will definatly try closer to the headwaters and rivers creeks mentioned Thanks, UBEE

phazerpilot

ubee
must have just missed you in baraga left there fri. afternoon. i hit a stream just down the road thurs. nite and did real well ,caught about 15 little steelhead and 2 brookies. can't wait to get back up this fall when they get bigger, i think steelies might be my new favorite fish to catch!!!! maybe next time we can hook up and trade spots.

ubee

mrs bear ,phazerpilot, Will do,for sure. lots of fun just exploring ! cant seem to find hwy 527 on mi state dot map or mi dnr map site. are any of those spots accessable by atv on legal trails? doing more research on line lol! thanks

mrsrunningbear

mrs bear ,phazerpilot, Will do,for sure. lots of fun just exploring ! cant seem to find hwy 527 on mi state dot map or mi dnr map site. are any of those spots accessable by atv on legal trails? doing more research on line lol! thanks

ubee if you take US 2 east of 64 you will pass the stagecoach rd (co rd. 525) keep going and you will come to the co rd 527 goes north kakabika falls is on it and turns into sleepy hollow rd up here at the other end. You will need to stop by or PM me for more details on the good spots....;)

mrsrunningbear

hows this one look ubee....:) nice for casting, thought I'd snap a picture when I was out checking berries yesterday

Attachments

• Trout Stream Ontonagon MI.jpg
    Trout Stream Ontonagon MI.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22

ubee

Nice pic !! looks like Specs might live there! Maybe I might load up the new Yammi and head up there for a break-in ride as there are very few
places to ride in Vilas county ! will stop if I make it up that way! Blueberries are nice big and ripe here ! Thanks! Ubee