Food?

Jason.Benjamin

1st time coming to Keweenaw/Houghton

John where is the....

Best Steak place?
Best "All you can Eat" Friday Fish Fry?

Any other restaurants on trail that we should try?
What are their specialty?

-Jason
Milwaukee, WI

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Well, opinions on food certainly differ, so I will drop my 2 cents and then let others chime in.

I have had good steaks at the Pilgrim River Steak House just outside of Houghton on the way to Chassell; The Library Restaurant and Brew Pub in downtown Houghton; The Michigan House in Calumet and the Eagle Harbor Inn in Eagle Harbor.

I am not a fan of fish, so I cannot refer you to a good all you can eat fish fry. Sorry!

Some other notable mentions are the ribs at the Loading Zone II in Lake Linden, the burgers and other sandwiches (as well as the view) at the Bear Belly Bar and Grill in Lac La Belle and authentic Mexican at Carmilitas in Calumet. Just about any place open for breakfast up here serves a winner too! Almost forgot. It's pretty hard for me to pass through Twin Lakes and not stop and get some bacon cheese fries at the Parkview.

Hopefully others will give their favorites.

Enjoy your time here!

-John

cuzzinolaf

Henry's in Rockland for all you can eat buffet and fish fry. Adventure or Grandma Mryt's for breakfast, the Library has a great dinner like John said.

saintman3

Had a great dinner at Quincy's just East of Hancock on Trail# 3. One of the best French Onion soups that I can remember, and an awesome Prime Rib sandwich.

saintman3

The Michigan House in Calumet was also a great meal. Pesto Pasta with steak was a great filler after a long day of riding!

woodi

Eagle harbor inn kept kitchen open a extra hour after we had a break down on the trail.GOOD FOOD GREAT PEOPLE IN THE YOOP.

rodehard

The Mariner North in Copper Harbor has stuffed garlic bread which is outstanding and probably not heart healthy.

thunderstruck88

Too bad this is not summer time . I would recommend anyone going up there then go to the Harbor Haus it's a bit pricey but well worth it . This fish just melted in your mouth and was FRESH nothing better then fresh fish . Also the view of Copper Harbor from where your dining at was priceless. I will come back the 806 miles it is from my house to go eat there again . Lake Superior has the right name to SUPERIOR to all the others hands down Happy Eating to you all and Happy 2010 to!!!!

Jason.Benjamin

For as many places you guys mentioned.
I only managed to get 3 off the list, but the trails were awesome and we will be coming back again this season.

Pilgrim River Steak House:
Great staff, Good Bread at $2 per loaf, Decent Prime Rib.

Pit Stop:
Will not eat there again. (Frozen Foods Section)

Eagle Harbor Inn:
Awesome Burger & French Fries. I want to go back and see what else they have to eat.

Parkview Twin Lakes:
Good Burger, Awsome Staff.