Forest co.

snobuilder

I can echo garageguy's comment.
Went up Fri, Sat, Sun, back Monday.
Stayed off trails Friday as the temps were too warm and also Sat as we had a battery issue on one of the sleds.
Rode 60 miles on Sunday in a circle around the Laona and Wabeno area. We are on a trail and saw few sleds all weekend. Bar owner said same.
Warm weather thawed but that added ice to the base so there is some good news there.
We very rarely get a ride in around New Year. Mostly due to weather so we see this as early season bonus riding.
Trails overall FAIR cond. Gravel coming up on the Nicolet State Trail. Woods terrain trails worse. Trails on forest road beds good to very good but icey.

2-4" predicted today thru Wed AM.

tsg

100 Miler post on facebook last night stated all groomers out, and few inches of wet snow helped quite a bit. Also base froze down pretty good last Sunday night. Now are trails really good, no, but fair to good. I rode Saturday and sunday last week and trails were better then I expected, but definately some rough areas, more south of Hwy 8 it seemed. I was actually surprised, more traffic then I thought, especially Saturday. Loana (JARS, Johnnies) had strong sled crowds, many holiday rides with families, though on the trails not much traffic, except the grades.

Have a place in Oconto County and assume they closed to protect the ground....warm, rain, and little base. I know many were bitching about them even opening, but tough calls, with no assurances things will get better for any extended periods of time.

snobuilder

Huge turnout this Saturday of MLK weekend. Plenty of day riders up from the Fox valley as lots @ popular drop spots along Hy32 were full today. I did a beer and cheese curd run and saw 40 sleds @ Laona Shell station around noon today. We stayed off trails til around 4 and then did a quick 40 mile rip. Trails were flat fast and safe as long as you showed up with sharp bides and a couple track studs.....heart pounding FAST!!!!