formula z 583

versdevil

bought the sled 6 years ago put 60 miles on it and blew it up, put another piston, cleaned the carbs, 22 miles later toasted it again. so tore it down, bored the cylinder 20 over, (just the one side, the other side is stock) figured out crank seal was bad, fixed that. now some 3500 miles later, got a rattle, not the normal tra clutch rattle. so tore it down, it seems the the side i rebuilt has some "piston slap". so whats the chances of just re ringing that side? no damage to the piston or cylinder, or should i just bite the bullet and bore both sides and put new pistons in it. moneys tight but i got prioritys and sleddin is high it them lol. sled has 5300 miles.

whitedust

Your crank ok with uneven sides? I like 583s very good engines. Bore both sides & run another 5300 miles & better for resale.

versdevil

yeah didnt hurt nothin. i dont baby it either i've seen the tah hit 9,000 rpm's a few times. i was wonderin bout it when my cousin told me too only do 1 side but he's a certified skidoo mechanic. i wont sell it have 5 kids it has to get thru yet lol.