FREE online avalanch course

snoluver1

This does not take the place of a live course, but it is very informative. I highly recommend to any and all heading west for the first time, please take a course, purchase or rent beacons, probes, shovels, and learn how to use them. I don't want to have to read about any JD'ers as statistics. Ride smart-Ride safe!

http://www.avalanche.ca/cac/training/online-course

Last edited:
http://avalanche1.com/

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Arial Unicode MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1 -369098753 63 0 4129279 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@Arial Unicode MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1 -369098753 63 0 4129279 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p {margin-right:0in; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Arial Unicode MS";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>Also, don’t forget about Mike Duffy’s webpage on Snowmobiling Avalanche Safety when you’re ready to take a face-to-face training class! A few of us in our regular riding group took it when he was in Green Bay this year. An excellent class.

Mostly in a foreign language <Swedish I think> with some English speaking parts (Rob Alford and a lady @ 10:43) but an excellent film bolstering the fact everyone you ride with should get training in Avy safety and rescue. http://vimeo.com/9777225

ezra

any one buy mikes movie?
was going to pick it up at last class I went to but had to roll early (service call)
also dont forget BRP is sponsoring free classes again this yr.
I think MN next week December 17 Brooklyn Center, MN Marriott Northwest
it is a Mike Duffy class . man that guy must collect some airline miles.

frosty

Just went to Mike Duffys class last night at Robs Performance Motorsports and it was definitely worth the 1 1/2 hour drive. Mike did an excellent job of doing a recap on avy conditions and what to look for and then spent the rest of the evening talking about rescue. Mike touched on about everything about the beacons, on how they work, multiple buries, testing them, and went over probing techniques and shoveling techniques. I learned so much last night that I will recommend Mikes classes to anyone in a heart beat.

I also would like to thank BRP Skidoo for sponsoring these classes. It was an incredible learning experience.

Last edited:

600_RMK_144

Just went to Mike Duffys class last night at Robs Performance Motorsports and it was definitely worth the 1 1/2 hour drive. Mike did an excellent job of doing a recap on avy conditions and what to look for and then spent the rest of the evening talking about rescue. Mike touched on about everything about the beacons, on how they work, multiple buries, testing them, and went over probing techniques and shoveling techniques. I learned so much last night that I will recommend Mikes classes to anyone in a heart beat.

I also would like to thank BRP Skidoo for sponsoring these classes. It was an incredible learning experience.

Glad to hear it. I'm signed up for a class in a couple of weeks.