FSAE Racecar

skidoodude

I’m currently a senior engineering student and I’m building a FSAE racecar to compete in Michigan. The power plant for this car is a 500cc Yamaha phazer motor, and the drive train is going to consist of a CVT. Im looking for some tips on where to get Yamaha phazer parts such as clutches and an ECU (these are a high priority right now). Regarding the ECU I’m looking for an aftermarket one because the competition states we have to restrict the motor to one 20mm throttle body instead of the two 48mm throttle body the engine comes with. I’m located in the St. Cloud Minnesota area. I’m also looking for any tips on how to tune the CVT to obtain the max performance out of the motor, because I’m expecting a decent power loss due to the restrictor plate and I’m hoping to make that power up with the CVT.
Any tips or tricks or companies (for the ECU) would be much appreciated
Thanks

cooksend

Sunnyside Salvage in Chippewa Falls has a great selection of used parts. Not sure what to tell you about the tech. Clutching will be completely trial and error as it will be a unique application.

Woodtic

Post the same thing on hard core sledder,race and dyno section. Some real smart dudes over there . Guys using sled motors in small cars to beat speed records out at the Salt Flats ect. Good luck.