Fuel additive

brown50rn

Does anyone put fuel additive in every tank. I use sea foam in my sleds from time to time, but a few of my buddies put a little in everytank. My mechanic that works on my boat says the ethenol is no good for marine parts and I put sea foam or marine stabil in every tank. I was just wondering if It would be beneficial to add a little in every tank of my sleds. I also was wondering if the additives make the motors run leaner, I thought I read that somewhere in another post? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
G

G

I doubt if it would hurt to run a little seafoam all the time. It would be an added expense but with ethanol-laced fuels we don't have to buy gas line antifreeze anymore so you have to have something to spend your money on. I bought some Fitch do-dads a couple of years ago and put them in sleds. I have no idea how they work but Sno-Tech seems sold on them. Anything has got to help in these days of s### fuel.

whitedust

Hmmm .......seems like I run regular gas in mine & don't believe in magic formulas. Yam 4s not moody to gas ....just gas & go. I would be very careful dumping any additive in new 2s injected engines. Oems having enough problems with 2s injected fuel mapping now dump in an additive......NO WAY. Good way to wreck new engine & create 2s lean condition.

xcsp

Not positive, but I read elsewhere where Seafoam contains alcohol-maybe the amount is minimal? Haven't checked into it.

Adding more alcohol to fuel that contains ethanol wouldn't be too good, especially in a 2-stroke engine. Probably would be better to add a small amount of oil instead?

Came across this site, may be of interest as it talks of the issues with E10 fuels and what additives are good or not so good:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/

Last edited:

laugy

I work for a large marine dealer and we switched to star tron two seasons ago at winterization time. Carb related problems dropped significantly this past year. I have now started using every tank full in the sleds this year. Seems to have better fuel economy, and exhaust valves don't seem to be as carboned up. Firm believer. Here is the link.
http://mystarbrite.com/startron/