Get those trailers ready

uncle_ed

I just sold a snowmobile trailer for my son and went through all the pre-season prep on that so that I was confident the trailer would sell and for a fair price. Now that his trailer is gone I figured I would get mine out and go over it, checking lights, greasing wheel bearings etc. I like to run the lug nuts off the wheels with an impact where its easy and convenient then grease them up before putting them back on. Of course the last stud spun on the first wheel and all of them spun on the other. Man I was glad I found out now and not on the highway with a flat! I had to pull the hubs off and fire up the welder and tack the studs to the hub and I was good to go. What I did find with the wheel off was a bummer though. A goose egg in the tread area of the tire and some dry rot on the inside wall also.

118082.jpg

118083.jpg

118084.jpg

I guess I need a new tire now then my trailer will be ready so I can chase that snow if and when it happens! Its a good time to prep now with decent weather and a little over a month till the trails open. You never know there could be ridable snow right away.<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

jeff

mine looked like that too so I bought two new tires and used the best of the origonal two for a spare.

zrjes

This is a great reminder for those out there that trailer. I think the Sleds get the most attention, and trailers are the most neglected part of our sport. We take them for granted most of the time, but just simple maintenance can keep you and your family safe on the road. I can not tell you how many times a trailer causes the stress when you are getting ready for a big trip, I have seen it happen way to much.

Here is a nice little article on a little PM for your trailer:

http://www.snowmobile.com/products/bassetts-blog-trailer-maintenance-tips-651.ht ml

STACK

getsome

Quick and easy, find old , or buy chrome lug nuts to cover studs from salt...plus they look better.
Finally bought new trailer last year, I hope I am good to go. Eye out for L.E.Snow