Gmc jimmy air conditioning

mikeh906

Ok, I admit this subject is out of season to most, but I am stuck in Florida with no snow. [Although I am finishing a polaris 800 rebuild tonight] .We had a cold spell a week ago and I put on the heat, now its warm so I turned on the ac, now the ac will not turn on. The fuse is good, good freon pressure. And worked fine before turning on to heat. So I know its a switch, or sensor of some kind. Any ideas??

Falcon20

I think you'll find any sensor or switch will be inline, thus any change out will result in freon loss. Look for a small mech. shop in your area. They should be able to repair parts and freon, for not much money. I'm curious where in Florida are you as I am in Florida myself.

mikeh906

I have a guy that owns a shop and will stop in to have him fixit, but I'm thinking electrical, not mechanical. I am pulling the panel today and will test what I can. I am in Deerfield Beach, 48th st and Dixie Highway.

Falcon20

'Bout 2 minutes east of downtown Orlando myself Mike. Hope to make a trip north to sled yet this year. Had to cancel out one trip to Michigan already. I've got some serious snow withdrawl goin' on.

mikeh906

I am feelin that snow withdrawal, no trip this year, but I do have a backup plan,[do not tell my wife as I forgot to mention the back up plan] Looks like a trip out west.