Going to happen again this year:-)?

Sledhead!

I am afraid that if Northern WI and MN don't get hammered with snow soon, those of us going to the UP will face the same circus we experienced last year.

I was just sledding in St. Germain around New Years and it was poor. It was better than not riding, great to be on the sled again, but snirt was the majority. The lakes for the most part are not to be traveled on still. The cold snap this weekend might change that, but still seeing open spots on the cams.

Not sure about MN conditions?

In any event, the UP is looking prime after next week, hope the other locales benefit as well so that we can spread our winter sledding joy around and not all be in the UP!

RHFD547

And now we know why they call us "FIBS"! If you want an area all to yourself, ride circles around your house.

krupps_resort

TWIN LAKES-Radius of 50 miles around us has been good since Dec. 19th. Looks like everyone around us is getting snow and THAT IS A GOOD THING. Will be more able to ride from our grooming area into other areas for more destination riding. 6 new inches last 2 days. For update www.msasnow.org and click on our thumbtack. Ride safe everyone

Sledhead!

RHFD547, who pissed in your cornflakes today? Not sure if you recall, but last year this was a big topic on here, and helpful to those who recently came back, and those going up (areas to avoid/watch for, ice upheavals....etc)

Not sure where the FIB aspect was derived from, pretty sure the above was a call for better snow aside from just the UP?? Not sure why that makes me a FIB?

Any non IL based JD member care to confirm or deny if said above post had the same impact that RHFD547 has?

dickmsp

Hey, Illinois people are "fibs" What are us Minnesota folk called???? Not to schmooze anyone but the Illinois snowmobilers I've met in the U P are way fun people!! Fun Illinois Buds!!! Maybe we're lucky fmbs doesn't have any vowels lol!!!!