Going to Laramie, WY Dec. 26 NEED ADVICE

coreyjhaas

I am going to Laramie the day after Christmas with a group of 4 guys. We all ride sleds with 137"-144" sleds that have been reclutched for the elevation. We are running 1.25"-1.5" lugs so we will probably have to stick to trails and lower elevation off trail.

Looking for any advice on where to ride or things that are a must do. Also looking for any advice on what to watch for like how far are gas stops and riding areas to stay away from.

Thanks for the help!

kendal

ryan park, Albany and wycolo lodge all have gas and great places to eat. On your way through centennial to the parking area, friendly store has gas. they say 7 fools canyon some spend the night there as they cant get back out once you go down in it. Widowmaker is a scenic area, kennedy peak has a great view.

mrbb

carry a good GPS, and two way radio's are good for all riders to have
all the more so when you's get stuck all about 400 yrds apart LOL
beats screaming back and forth !

IMO< trails out that way are a blast and so many get caught up in OFF trail riding they miss the trails

have fun, wish I was going!

bladeguy

We are headed out that way on similar sleds Dec 28. Staying at Ten Mile. Should be a blast! I have never been there but based on what I have read if I were staying in Laramie I would start one day at Green Rock and one day at Albany Lodge to see different areas. Green Rock better for off trail, Albany better for groomed trail riding. Stoked for this trip!!! I have a black/orange FXR suit with a black/yellow renegade with orange ski hoops. I always wear my rasta hat in the lodges so stop by and say hello if you see me... Here is a map. Gas at Rendezvous lodge, Albany Lodge and WYCOLO. There are milages between trails. Watch out for Libby Flatts (Near T&U) can be white out conditions from blowing snow. http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/pdf/southeast.pdf

frnash

I am going to Laramie the day after Christmas … Looking for any advice on where to ride or things that are a must do. Also looking for any advice on what to watch for like how far are gas stops and riding areas to stay away from. …

Inquiring minds want to know: If you had no information about the area how did you choose to go to Laramie? Didja throw a dart at a map? (Not pickin' on ya, just curious; there must be somethin' I'm missing.) :confused:

bladeguy

Inquiring minds want to know: If you had no information about the area how did you choose to go to Laramie? Didja throw a dart at a map? (Not pickin' on ya, just curious; there must be somethin' I'm missing.) :confused:

There are many threads recommending the snowies/laramie. It takes more digging to find out about the area.

snowho96

We are going to be there also. Staying at Albany in the box car cabin riding Polaris rmks and have a snow bike along to try out too. If it is really windy ride out of the Albany lot. There is a lot of good off trail below Libby flats mainly boon docking not as many hills. The big climbing areas are closer to the green rock parking area. The snowies have most every type of mountain riding just not much for cornices to jump imo. There are two nice warming huts out there too. Pm mee or try to look us upif you ride out of Albany. I am no expert on the snowies but I can give you some pointers.

coreyjhaas

I was asked to go with a group of guys that have been there before. Just tagging along but I like to be prepared!

ruiterman

I've been riding out of Albany lodge for ten years. I do run a 153" track, but have ridden with some guys on 136 x 1.25 tracks and as longs they don't get down in a hole, they can run just fine, both on or off trail.

Ask where the good snow is, and go that way. Usually up to Rob Roy and then Q or T are great trails with lots of places to get off and play.

Get out and enjoy. Just remember, seats are for looks and stay off the trail...

Ed