Golfed in Green Bay

m8man

I played Thornberry Creek with a buddy of mine from Chicago and it was a blast...Only one other group on the course... Here are a couple of shots...
Tee shot
120751.jpg

another tee shot
120752.jpg

Thornberry View
120753.jpg

Don't slice it
120754.jpg

Keweenaw bay on the way home
120755.jpg

m8man

m8man

Skylar, yes I do work, actually about 50 hrs per week...I have 6 days to use or lose by the end of the yr...I do drive to GB or Chicago about 5 times a yr for early or late season golf.

joechicago, didn't hit it well yesterday..I shot a 85 but we played from 68 or 69 hundred yards, which is fairly long..I had a case of the lefts with the new irons that most likely cost me about 5 strokes.. I played this track last yr and shot a 78, or so the card says, from the same yardage.. The new irons have slightly diff lofts and it will take me about a dozen rounds to get use to them...My buddy is from Naperville that I golfed with and I've played a ton of courses in the windy city area.. I love Medinah #3(spP), I shot well at Olympia Fields, and thougth Dubbs Dread was over hyped..There is a few tough ones also like Ruffled Feathers and maybe Seven Bridges???? Can't quite remember them all but maybe you could point out some cool ones to hit..I hope you hit it well??

m8man

jroz

I wouldn't be scared of smashing any of those windows on that house. Insurance...and I never slice!!!

S

skylar

I know Chris, just giving ya hard time. LOL.

I only golfed twice this whole summer.
sad.gif

m8man-

Good shooting. I shot 79 at Steeple Chase in Mundelein, IL. Nice course. Unbelievable round too, I had 4 birdies, BUT, started the back nine with a triple, double, double! Should have been the round of my life! Shot 36, 43!

I play mostly courses in Lake County IL. A course NOT TO MISS is in Zion, IL. It is called Thunderhawk. Amazing course. Built by the Lake County Forest preserves. They built it on 300+ acres of pristine National Conservancy property. Even though it is only 8 years old, it looks like it has been around for 100 years. Even if you shoot lousy, it is so beautiful, you don't even care!

Another great one up here is Stonewall Orchard in northern Grayslake. Awesome course.

I play every Sunday at 6 AM at another good track called Foxford Hills, in Cary, IL.

I love golf as much as sledding. In the last 3 years, I have really been able to work on my game. I went from a 16 handicap 3 years ago to a 5.1 this year. If I had it my way, we would get 3 feet of snow the day after I put the clubs away.

And I agree, Dubs is over rated. I have not played it since they rebuilt it last year. But when the pros played it this year they absolutely murdered it. I don't think they will be getting many other PGA events.

Seven Bridges is pretty nice. The amount of water there is a little crazy. After you play it a few times (I have played it many times) you learn where the water is and it is not that difficult of a course - but pretty non the less.

Grip it and rip it m8man!