Good brands of helmet comm

wstook

Eh all. Been riding a while with my group of guys and we finally decided to get some type of communication because we ride long distances. I have no clue as to which brand is good bit im looking for something hands free. Any help as to what brand or model as well as experiemce with it would be appreciated. Thanks a million.

joks79

I have had Chatterbox for about 7 years. They have worked great. I'm actually thinking about getting a new set because i can't find mounts anymore. I tend to him then on branches off trail and brake the mounts. I am going to mount them on my handlebars this year!

blkhwkbob

joks79: Call the manufacturer rep I think they are in California? I've always been able to order parts directly from them.

http://chatterboxusa.com/collections/parts-accessories

Wstook: These are all you need. No, you're not going to get 5 miles but if you ride in a group they will easily reach from the front sled to the back which is all you really need. Battery will last pretty much all day. Just plug them in every night. Forget the push to talk button--once you "learn" the vox, and learn to squelch out your own motor noise, you won't need it.

chatterbox gmrs x1

joks79

FRS X2 is what I have. I have tried the factory before. They told me they are too old. The batteries are original and lasted all day 98% of the time.

What kind of helmet are you going to use the communicators in? I used them in a open face and a Doo BV2S. They are a pain with the BV2S!

POLARISDAN

i ran this question on a thread a while back..so check that out also..but ended upo going with the sena 20..havent used it yet but works in the house..all my music hands free..hope i can hear it..plus 5 miles i think and up to 7 comms

wstook

I have a modular helmet i would be using them with i allready have wired speakers in it now for music and that was ok but looking to ditch the wires.