Good crossover skis?

The Apostate

I'm interested in adding a little color to my new Gade and enhacing the performance a bit with a new set of skis. My brother and I both bought Renegades this year in hopes of adding a little back country riding to our regimines. The 5.7 pilot skis are fine on the trail but left a little to be desired in the deep snow. I'd really like to add a pair of red skis to my machine with a little better flotation for off the trail riding without sacrificing too much on trail performance which is still my bread-n-butter riding style. I would be happy to go with 6.9 pilots but they aren't available in red for some reason. I hate to spend the dough on a pair of plane black ones. Any suggestions for a solid on/off trail ski offered in colors? I ran C&A's on my EDGE and really did not like them. They darted, were hard to steer and were only better than the OEM skis in one type of snow condition and worse in the majority of the others. What are you running on your long tracks and why?

Last edited:

big_motor_guy

I've got 06 'gade and I put the 6.9's on and love them, much better in the fluffy stuff and I really can't say that it's lost any cornering ability as I'm mostly a trail rider too. One thing I would say about red ski's, I'm hesitant to buy a sled with red ski's, blue ski's, or anything that doesn't look like original equipment. I'd rather spend a little more on a sled that hasn't been totally mod'd but that's just me. get the black 6.9's with red loops (i'll sell you some red loops for $20 shipped for the pair if you want). On my rev I didn't need any other hardware to mount the 6.9's and they look stock but don't act that way off trail. I love them.

prowrench

I've got Simmons original flexi's on my poo and love 'em. Work on and off trail. Mine are red and black. They have a few models to choose from, i think you can pick colors, not 100% sure.