good rivet gun

smitty440

I'm putting on a tunnel reinforcement kit for my xfire and need to get a rivet gun. Anybody have any ideas about which brand to get?

Thanks, Pete

Get an air one if all possible. Used to hang bodies on race cars. Used a hand one hand for a couple years. Then got a air one. Way better and faster. I had a MAC tools brand. Don't recall the price tho.

cuzzinolaf

I'm putting on a tunnel reinforcement kit for my xfire and need to get a rivet gun. Anybody have any ideas about which brand to get?

Thanks, Pete

Get a two hand rivet gun. Those $20 ones they sell are not worth it IMO. I broke two already. Here is the picture of the one I currently have (same style) and I think it is a lot easier.

Attachments

• rivet.jpg
    rivet.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 28

deerhunter

Get an air one if all possible. Used to hang bodies on race cars. Used a hand one hand for a couple years. Then got a air one. Way better and faster. I had a MAC tools brand. Don't recall the price tho.

i agree on this. air riveters set the rivets alot better as well. i wouldnt dare hang a body agian with a hand riveter

ezra

I got a harbor freight one this yr and have put on a tunnel and a lent to a bud who installed a set of no snos and a tunnel reinforcement kit still working great all for 40 bucks.I would have never attempted with a hand rivet gun.and all the rivets were stainless and those are a bitch with a hand rivet

smitty440

Thanks for the suggestions. There is a harbor freight 10 minutes from my house. I think I will go with the air one.

mjkaliszak

I got a harbor freight one this yr and have put on a tunnel and a lent to a bud who installed a set of no snos and a tunnel reinforcement kit still working great all for 40 bucks.I would have never attempted with a hand rivet gun.and all the rivets were stainless and those are a bitch with a hand rivet

I finally broke down and got a HF 1 also. It is 1 of my favorite tools. Some of the best money I ever spent. Like "deerhunter" said it sets them really well.

ezra