Gracie's sled?

willey

John, if you don't mind me asking where you got the sled ? I am very interested in something like that for my daughter. I thought it was pretty cool that Huck was such a good sport at his first sled dog experience.

Thanks
Bill

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Bill. Bought it from Eddie Bauer.

Seems to be pretty well built. Even has carbides!

-John

jbsugarbrown

Bill---Grace's sled is possibly a Mountain Boy Sledworks sled (John could probably verify if it is or not), handmade in Canada (They also offer some styles which are made in USA.). L.L. Bean also carries a sled like this and one other that has a handle in the back that looks similiar to those on a dog sled. Would probably be great as as dog sled if the runners were longer in the back! Mountain Boy Sledworks offers engraving on their website and L.L. Bean does for many things, as well---which would be very nice, especially if you were going to keep it in the family as an heirloom. They're probably made by the same company as they look the same and L.L. Bean owns Eddie Bauer. Look around at the Bean website and Mountain Boy Sledworks, too, they have all kinds of fun sleds and toys on there---They've even got kicksleds---Now those look fun, too! Have fun!!!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, it was LL Bean! Got mixed up with the two. I was able to get an engraved plate for the front of the sled too.

Sorry for the mix up.

-John

jbsugarbrown

I'm sorry, it looks like Mountain Boy Sledworks is out of Colorado, but they do have a warehouse in Canada. And it looks like many, but not all of their sleds are now made in China. Info. on their website about it. So things have changed. I was going off of what I remembered from looking into it before---Sorry for the mistake. Those from the L.L. Bean several years back were made in Canada and those they now carry say they are made in Canada and those look just like the one that Gracie has.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I'll see if I can see an country of origin on the sled. Either way, it seems very well built and something she just might be able to share with her children some day.

-John

jbsugarbrown

John, if you got it from L.L. Bean their website and catalog say it is made in Canada. Looks to be very, very well built. Your family will be making memories for a lifetime. I still have my good old made in the USA, Flexible Flyer that I got for Christmas as a kid---Heck it is an antique now! It is in very used shape and doesn't go straight anymore, otherwise I'd run it! I even think we've had a dog hooked to it and pulling me around long ago. Your journal and pics. brought back good memories--Thank you. So now it sits on our porch in the winter time and gets decorated for Christmas. But, I kept it all these years because it was special to me. Have lots of fun and a very, very Happy New Year!